The first snows of the season appear to be on the way and with them a slow down in much of the work being performed outside. We are very pleased with the amount of work performed this fall. Everything is properly prepared for the long winter-all winter chemical applications are done and covers are in place. In addition to routine winter preparations, we have performed numerous projects in the past month. These projects included:
- Drainage work on 8 and 9 fairway. These holes are often some of the softest parts of the golf course after rain events. The addition of about 750 linear feet of drainage tile should help improve the playability of these holes.
- Repair bridge on 9-should be a much smoother ride now.
- New chipping area by practice green that will better mirror what we have on the golf course.
- New tees on 3 and 7. Rough grading is complete. The next step is to let the new tees settle over the winter and spring and then perform the finish grading and grassing in the spring. The tee on 7 will likely be open sometime in June. The tee on 3 will hopefully open sometime in August.
- Replace broken curbs on 10 tee and 12 tee.
We are confident that these improvements will provide a better experience for everyone in years to come. Hope to see you in 2012.